Confinement seems to be a must "thing" for Chinese after delivery. Is it really necessary? I really do not know. All of us seems to be following the culture, trying to be obedient, to abstain ourselves from doing lots of things.
However, do all of us really follow the "rules" strictly? It's NO for me. For me, I still continue to bathe everyday using boiled ginger and lemon grass water. Shampooing will be done every 3-4 days. I cannot endure myself not to bathe especially with the weather in Singapore. Furthermore, we need to eat foods when they are still hot, eat foods which are super heaty.
Depending on the type of person you are, it is best to engage a confinement lady that suits you. I still prefer my first confinement lady as she is really a very modern auntie. She won't force me to wear long pants, won't say I cannot shampoo my hair everyday, etc.... Too bad, this time round, I contacted her too late and I have to engage another auntie who is more "Kampong".
Endure, endure, endure.... Looking towards Jayden's Full Month!


No comments:
Post a Comment