My 2 lovely sons are:

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Continue with breastmilk??

Im constantly asking myself this question lately if I want to continue to express milk for my baby. My mum and hubby had been nagging me to stop now as they are concerned about my health.

Well... they are concerned about my health as Im not eating any home cooked food at all. Im having take away food everyday since I was pregnant and till now Im still doing the same thing. Cooking is not in my dictionary right now as I really feel tired looking after baby and doing household chores at the same time. There's no additional pair of hands beside me to ease me off some load at all.

I guess I have to stop somehow, someday. But when will this day come? Im making the first step today by cutting down the number of times Im expressing my milk from thrice to twice per day. But by doing so, I have to endure the pain of engorgement till night time for next pump. This is going to be painful. But I have to go through it. I guess all mums who experience this knows how painful engorgement is. I actually love the feeling of emptied breasts. It is really wonderful. Keke...

Im going to do it slowly as my baby is undergoing stage 2, weaning stage. I cannot disrupt him too much by introducing solids and milk powder together at the same time. The change will be too drastic for him. I really hope everything will go smoothly both for me and baby.

No comments: