I was browsing through the web in hope to get some useful insights for ways to stop breastfeeding. I came across the below article and it really relates to what I am experiencing now.
"Forget what everybody tells you, you're really the only one who knows when to stop breastfeeding. Stopping breastfeeding is a personal decision, nobody else's business but you and your baby's. If you need to stop breastfeeding, that means you have been breastfeeding for some period of time, and whatever that was - a week or a year - it was good enough."
Pressure, pressure, pressure.... Mum tell me to stop giving baby breastmilk, MIL keep asking me to continue to breastmilk for as long as I can, at least for a yr...
As you can see from the above, my mum is concerned for me. But.... how about the latter??
No matter what, I will decide what I want to do. I will not let their remarks control my life. They can say what they want, & I will do what I deem is right.
Naggings and complaints aside. Let me share with you some of the relief for engorged breasts during gradual weaning stage.
Relief For Engorged Breasts
No matter what you do, it's possible you'll suffer from a little breast engorgement. This will pass and fortunately there are some comforting actions you can take.
- Cool cloth or cabbage leaves - anything cold and flexible!
- Express just enough milk to relieve breast fullness, but not so much as to stimulate more production.
- Gently massage breast lumps in a warm shower.


No comments:
Post a Comment