My 2 lovely sons are:

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The advice I told my mum

After I got married and have George, I gave my mum some advice. I told her how to be a MIL that a daughter-in-law likes. I want my mum to be loved and adored by all her future daughter-in-laws. So Im reminding her on and off whenever I see her.

First, she can talk about her past experiences, but do not force it upon them applying it. What is past, is past. They can listen, but whether they want to apply, it is their own choice.

Second, don't be a traditional person. What I mean here is "Old antique". Do not always be someone who always give a stern look or try to be someone whom you want them to be afraid of. This method does not work on me totally. Rather, I will shun you more if you try to do this. She must be a person who always chat what the youngsters are chatting, which means joining in the conversation, joke, talk nonsense. Talking nonsense, joking, be friends with each other is the bridge to good relationship and I strongly believe in this.

Third, oh yes... be friends with each other, rather than be someone you always want your DIL to listen to you. Do not always want your DIL to listen to you, do what you say whenever you start talking to them.

Last but not least, no superstitions in the house!! Im glad that there are not a single superstitious person in my family (& I mean family members of my side). Praise God!!

Actually it is not hard to be parents in laws that get along with their future daughter/son in laws. So long you are modernised in your thinking, be friends with them, everything will work out perfect.

No comments: