My 2 lovely sons are:

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, April 17, 2009

Sweet Potato and Carrot

Lunch for George today was Sweet Potato with Carrot.

After steaming it, I blended it together. To make the consistency smoother and easier for George to swallow, I added some barley water to blend together. Of course, you must cook barley water if you want to add it in. As weather is getting pretty crazy, I cook barley water on a weekly basis for the 2 man in this house.

Ingredients:
1 sweet potato
1 carrot

George finished a bowl of it plus a cup of barley water blended with pearl barley. Whenever I give George barley, I make it a point to blend the pearl barley together with the barley water. All the wonderful nutrients lies in the barley grain itself. Therefore putting a little more effort is so much more worth it.

No comments: