My 2 lovely sons are:

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 30, 2009

What's my choice?

There was a day, where my ex-boss contacted me. He asked: "Are you still looking for a job?" I told him: "No, I am not looking for any job at the moment." I knew immediately he needed to hire someone to assist him and I expected the next question from him. He asked again: " You wanna join me? I am very busy and need someone to help me out."

What's my feeling at that moment? Excited, thrilled, delighted, confused?? It is really a combination of feelings for me. Given this kind of economic situation, looking for a job is tough. Looking for a job with a pay that you want is even more impossible.

I knew if I were to accept his offer, I would at least get back what I was paid previously or something higher. But next, tons of questions came to my mind. If I go back to work, what about my darling baby? Who will take care of him? What is my priority right now? OF course, I would like to rejoin the workforce once again. With a pay of my own, I can buy so much more things for George and also for myself.

I told him my priority right now is to look after my baby. Nothing beats this. I knew if I were to join him, he will ask me to go for a lot of courses, take up some certificates. But do I have the time to do it now, when George is still so young and he needs so much attention.

Even after I gave him my answer, he still told me: "I have not gotten approval to hire. But once I got the approval, I will contact you again."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yah..the priority of your life now is to take care of your boy. i will do the same if i were you.

but now, for me..i need to look for a new job soon. the bosses (well, now i have to do work for 3 different bosses!!) and the work are driving me nuts.
sigh..however, with the economy and my stupid 3 mths notice period..i wonder who will hire me :(

- SN

Huey Ling said...

If you are daring enough, you can resign first, rest for a month, then look for job again. I believe you will be able to find a new job in no time.